I can’t believe it’s already been 5 weeks of wireframes. These wireframes have been agonizing, painfully slow at times, and in short spurts, exhilarating. In this latest iteration, I wanted to make the user’s goals more directed – starting from the last iteration, there was really too much on the screen. In this iteration, I broke out the two primary actions – building, and planning.
The initial screen is much more inviting, with a larger search area for input. Beyond basic searching, the filtering, comparing, and selection of courses is much easier in this iteration. I wanted it to be fast, like a sports car.
Where do I go from here? Well, the iterations are over for school. But they aren’t quite over for me. I’d like to get them up on a board one more time, and go through them. I’d like to make sure that they all speak to a singular system, where the elements do seem a bit disparate. And I would like to refine the planning aspect of it.
I’ve come a long way from v1. I’m much closer to a complete solution. I understand InDesign, and how not to use a system named Azure. I’ve learned the importance of using a grid system as a way to organize a page. I’m learning to trust the process about drawing out scenarios, and getting everything onto a whiteboard and sketched, before producing. Honestly, I did this half the time, and should have done it all the time. I’m learning to show exactly what a user needs and no more. I have a much better sense for I have to thank my classmates, my professor Jon Kolko, Matt Franks, and all of the users I’ve user tested with across Austin. Props to you.
Trust the process.No Comments »