Taking a step back to clear out the brush

I spent this week working on cleaning up and completing my wireframes. We were given a prompt last week to add some functions to the banking app we’re mocking up, and I wanted to spend time clearing out what’s unnecessary in the app as it is. That allowed me to spend time thinking about where in the app the new functions would make the most sense. I cleaned up most of my screens and highlighted dead ends by making the button leading to them red. An example are these screens with the option to edit Settings and Alerts:

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 4.45.37 PM

I have not built the Settings screen, nor the Edit Alerts screen yet, so I have highlighted both options. In my search through the app, I have been cleaning up existing flows, and making a master list of all the more major things I need to do. It’s nice to be able to take a step back and see what is missing. I feel like my forward momentum will be that much stronger in the final week because I’ve spent time clearing the brush away.

I feel like I have a lot of brush still to clear. I’ve learned a lot about building wireframes that I wish I knew going in (but I suppose, I will know next time!) I see now how helpful it is to make parts of the wireframes look like they would on an iphone (rounded corners, follow ios conventions)
I have been thinking a lot about where the newly assigned flows will fit into the framework of the app. We have to add features that “provide a snapshot of [users] finances and trends,” allow users to analyze any transaction to see how it fits into previous spending, and allow users to model how their accounts may be impacted over time by changes in their recurring payments. I see them available from account pages, with perhaps alerts available for specific patterns or payments.