Austin Design Week is happening on Nov 5-9, 2018 this year. The lineup is incredible and we are so proud to be a part of this inspiring community.
Here are a few places you can find us at:
- AC4D Studio Tour – Join our open house, get a glimpse of our current projects, and speak with us about how we work with students and community partners to tackle the social and civic issues we face in our beloved city.
- “Opening Doors that have been Closed by Ageism, the Under-the-Radar Diversity Issue” – Led by our faculty member Richard Anderson, this panel discusses how the realities of aging differ from the stereotypes, how culture promotes the practice of ageism, and how individuals, our profession, organizations, and society are hurt by it.
- “Behind the Door: What’s Inside” – Led by our alumna Laura Galos, this roundtable discussion will spend time reflecting on the forms of bias we carry with us in every facet of life, including in our design decisions and in how we interact with others.
- “Instead – Alternatives to Jumping Ship” – Led by our alumna Maryanne Lee, this workshop uses design to confront workplace toxicity by building bridges from destructive cycles of self-deprecation through discovery of practical ways to heal and pursue work meaningfully.
- “Locking Bias Out: Seven Stories On What It’s Like Navigating the Design Space Today + ADW Closing” – Spend the last evening of Austin Design Week with our alumna Anna Krachey along with six other speakers on their journey breaking into the creative world, detailing their struggles, triumphs and the hills and valleys in between.
We are also particularly excited to attend and geek out at the following sessions:
- Inside Jobs: How In-House Teams Design for Communities + ADW Kickoff
- Resilience for All: Striving for Equity Through Community-Driven Design
- Leading Design To Open Doors Within Business
- Design for Civic Good
- Designing for Gender Equity
Hope to see you all out there!